Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Violet Freezer Jam

Posted by Jill_Ann_Williams Baltimore, MD (editor@sweetviolets.com) on
Fri, Apr 16, 04 at 8:50

Hello Violet Friends,

I couldn't help it...I had to remind you of the recipe for the most delicious Violet Freezer Jam. This recipe was sent to the Violet Society Journal by our friend Jim Long of Long Creek Herbs in Oak Grove, Arkansas and appeared in the Spring 2002 Issue of the Violet Society Journal. The link to my suggestions for properly picking and washing violet flowers is also on this page.

To prepare the Violet Freezer Jam will require you to pick 200 violet flowers!! I can tell you that it is worth all the effort. The Violet Jam is kept in the freezer and can be brought out in the heat of the summer as a refreshing sherbet kind of treat. Or, of course, it can be brought out of the freezer anytime, allowed to thaw, and used as a regular jam.

Here is a link that might be useful: Violet Freezer Jam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Violet Freezer Jam

Are these the purple violets that are growing every where in my yard? Want to make sure, there are no poisenous kinds. (We don't spray) I am thinking about trying this tomorrow. Please email

Pat

o

Yes, the violets used for the jam pictured on the link were the wild purple ones picked here, on a nearby empty lot. Please be sure to look at the link on the recipe page, which has to do with my suggestions for properly washing the picked violets.

o

Jill_Ann_Williams thank you for the extensive Violet Information.

The nearest I'll come to their wonder fragrance, will be via my Violet Oil!

How I miss the fragrant violets - zone 10 is not ideal for their growth. Enjoy them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here