Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Violet Jelly

Posted by Vicki_J z6a NJ (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 03 at 13:27

Anyone have a recipe? If so, can you share it please?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Violet Jelly

Hello Vicki,
On the Violet Society website:
http://www.sweetviolets.com
and then go the Food and Drink section. Here you will find a recipe for Violet Jelly. One needs to pick approx. 200 Violet blossoms for 1 cup of Violet blossoms. When I pick the Violets, I put a Violet leaf into the container for the first 100 blossoms picked and another for the next 100 picked. After bringing the blossoms in and rinsing them off, I put them into a plastic container and into the refrigerator. Then when I am ready to prepare the jelly/jam and go to the refrigerator and see the container with the Violet blossoms and 2 Violet leaves-then I know I have my 1 cup of Violet blossoms!
The link below will take you to the Violet Society Journal where there is a recipe for Violet freezer jam, which I especially like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Violet freezer jam

o
RE: Violet Jelly

TO: Vicki J

There are two violet jelly recipes at:

http://www.webmall1.com/sweetdreams/flowerviolet.htm

Haven't tried either, but intend to as soon as I find a good source of violets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here