Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
violets inside?

Posted by merrybookwyrm 7/8 dfw (My Page) on
Sun, May 23, 10 at 14:38

Has anyone tried growing violets, especially viola odorata, indoors? From what I've seen so far, they require four flourescent lights to get enough light. Maybe a tomato set up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
violets inside tolerating less light, 75F quite well

So far, so good. My violets are handling the inside quite well. Inside, temperatures run about 72F to 78F. Outside in the garden, they no like it very much-- it has been weeks of 100+F temperatures there.

o
RE: violets inside?

Hello! I know this is a super old post but I was wondering how your violets are doing. I wanted to grow some parmas inside but before I dropped a ton of cash shipping them from Cali I thought I'd see how your V. odoratas did. :)

o
RE: violets inside?

I plant violas, pansies inside every year and place on a table in front of SE facing living room windows. Have tons of blooms all winter until I get tired of cleaning up after them in the spring.
This year I am growing perennial seeds.
I buy plants sometimes but usually I plant seeds in August.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here