Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Odorata and Parma 'Marie Louise'

Posted by bellegallica z8 (My Page) on
Sat, May 27, 06 at 21:57

I've never grown violets before, but want to give them a try.

I ordered odorata and Parma 'Marie Louise'. They've arrived. Now what do I do with them?

My impulse is to plant the 'odorata' under a tree in the backyard and let it spread wherever it wants.

But what about 'Marie Louise'?

Thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Odorata and Parma 'Marie Louise'

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 30, 06 at 4:18

Hi !

That's definitively a good idea to give violets a try ;o)
About odorata under a tree: better not a conifer and pay attention there's enough sun :-) During spring time, the more they'll have sun, the more they'll make blooms.
About Marie-Louise: a pot :-))
Anyway, don't put them together.
Really hope you will sucess, but don't worry too much, there's no reason why you shouldn't, odorata is so easy :-)

All the best :-)
Thierry.

o
Parma 'Marie Louise'

How are your violas? Try an eco-lawn - must remark - they are long-lived and adaptable. Cymbidiums love the eco-lawn also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Cymbidium Orchids - Various Societies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here