Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
virus :-)

Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 10, 06 at 8:57

hello :-)

I told you last year I had tried to give the virus of riviniana variegated to an odorata by crushing some leaves contaminated in water and using it to sprinkle. I didn't sucess: odorata's leaves had started becoming a little bit yellow and then everything had became normal again.
Chance decided to give me a new start ;-P
A seedling of odorata (you know how kidding violets are - always guesting) appeared in the pot of my riviniana variegated. Here's a pic:

As you can see it, odorata is under attack as my farmer odorata sprinkled with my strange potion was...will see but I'm afraid odorata is the winner. I wouldn't have guessed that one was so strong !!!

Take care (beware of virus ;o))
Thierry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: virus :-)

• Posted by dimm 8 OR (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 2:21

Hello,

Are the leaves wrinkled much? How do you treat the virus? Thank you.

Dimati

o

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 12, 06 at 3:08

No, for the moment leaves are not wrinkled much: the plant is still young :-) Wait and see....
Treating that virus: no way :-) It's such a great apportunity to try something interesting :-)

All the best :-)
Thierry.

o

• Posted by dimm 8 OR (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 12, 06 at 17:43

Ah! I could hear the sound of the mad scientist: "HA HA HA HA" coming through my computer.

o

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 14, 06 at 3:21

That's it :-)
LOL LOL LOL LOL ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here