Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viola pedata

Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 31, 05 at 3:24

Hello !

I'm so happy 'cause I've just received viola pedata from Holland (thanks you so much Gerk :-) I'm about like a boy for Xmas ;-)
I bought 4 of them, I'm afraid so much that one dies ;-) and I guess the four can't die at the same time ! lol No halloween, Xmas ;-) Anything....
If you have good advice about that US beauty, you're welcome :-) I can look at googles but do prefer to hear them from you folks.

Have a nice day :-) Beware of the witches ;-)
Thierry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viola pedata

I'm so happy for you, Thierry! Keep the plant's soil acid (low pH), well-drained, and on the dry side and it will be happiest. The acidity is the biggest issue, because it can easily become very chlorotic if it there is much lime in the soil. I would only use rain water if possible, or perhaps distilled water!

Good luck,
Stefan

o

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 18:47

Thanks Stefan :-)
I planted it in ground of heather as so to have an acid soil :-) Crossed fingers. I would have done my best anyway :-) I bought so seeds as well, if something wrong happen, I'll be able to have a new start.
U can think I'm nuts but I find it so beautiful and it's so hard to find ! Anyway, do wonder what I won't do for violets :-)

All and only the best :-)
Thierry.

o

• Posted by GerdK 7 Europe (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 6:23

Thierry,
An additional warning: Keep the crown of the plant as dry as possible in autumn and winter. I lost most of my plants by fungal infection of the rootstock. A sunny position (even in autumn) or a cold greenhouse with good ventilation is recommended.
Best wishes
Gerd

o

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 11:30

Thanks for the advices :-)
I'll try my best, I promise ! And I'll keep the faith :-)
I do NOT want to loose that one.

Take care.
Thierry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here