Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have a picture of these violets?

Posted by julianna 7bAR (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 16:43

Hi all! I'm poking around on the internet, trying to see if anyone has photos of v. odorata "Fair Oaks" or v. odorata Orange "Laney Bell." It seems both are camera shy.

Also for anyone who has Alice Witter-- do you like her? Is she like priceana but just in the mave/maroon/burgundy color?

Thanks!
Julianna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have a picture of these violets?

Alice Witter is a lovely weed! Here is a pic.

o

Ooo thanks! I'm trying to decide if I should order these. I have limited space on my balcony, so it's choices that have to be made. She looks lovely!

o

V.sororia is very compact, no runners. They grow very well in small pots or hanging baskets. You could try a collection of 3 or 4 varieties. The seeds sprout easily and be warned - sororias self-seed like crazy. The tiny little plants you can see in my pic are all seedlings!

o

Yeah! I have priceana and the regular purple. I saw your gaggle of seedlings-- exciting! :) I was thinking about her because of my success with the others, although since my space is limited I wasn't sure if it would be worth it since I already have Priceana. I think it may be, though, just for sheer number of blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here