Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vidéo :-)

Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 07 at 18:59

Hi folks !

I've just found a video on YouTube (French version): just delicious :-)
Hope it's gonna stay longer than the last link I had posted about a song written by Scarlatti :-/

Enjoy :-)
All the best - Thierry :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: VIDEO

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vidéo :-)

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 5:10

Let's try that way:

o

Very nice find, Thierry! I was looking at it closely, and think the video is just a collection of still photos with the "zoom" added as a special effect. The rosulate violets were particularly interesting.

The first link seems to be better than the second, which cuts off early for me.

o

Hello Thierry and all folks,
I am very proud to see my Video on GardenWeb ( LOL )
There are some violets from my own collection and some other pictures (rosulates) found on the net. I made this video with the free software Picasa

You can see this video on my "YouTube" selection of Aïkido and Kyudo videos that I practice since 2003

Denis=Shirobanasumire ( the meaning is White flower Violet)

o

Denis, it's quite nice! I've only heard the name Picasa mentioned before, but didn't know what it was for. I guess you can't hide anything on the internet with violets in it from Thierry, he'll always find it eventually ;)

o

Thu, Nov 22, 07 at 19:29

Denis: ;oPPPPP You jocker guy: you made fun of me ;-)))

When I think about my mail written to Nathalie full of enthusiasm saying I had found someone on the web in love with violets I do have a good laugth !!! God !!

Gonna try Picasa :-) It seems great.

Kind regards - Thierry :-)

o
just a try :-)

Sat, Nov 24, 07 at 11:07

Just for fun :-)

Diaporama CPA3

o

Just watched the video I am falling in love with violets as we speak! But being a "violet virgin" I don't know much... I live in Traverse City MI. and am looking at 3 or 4 ft of snow and its snowing again I do have some french lavender(thinking of you Thierry)and geraniums etc in the windowsill but its not the same. I so appreciate the beautiful pictures, they lift the spirit but I must say my kids hate you 'cause I've been on the computer for two days straight!! The only violets I have are some labrador and some wild. I've been interested in violets because they are a food source for the fritillary butterflies, but I see they are so much more...For the U.S. I have found these sources "canyon creek" "dayton nursery" "blue stone perennials" and "sequim rare plants" Thanks Brandy

o

Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 18:21

Hello !

About violets, there's a few to know and a lot to experiment ;o)
Caterpillars are not welcome among my violets, no need to say, unfortunately I kill them. Don't know if your fritillary butterflies will enjoy european violets. Sometimes some insect only like a king of plant and not another one. However, it's better not to let a viola pedata eaten by caterpillars 'cause that viola is an endangered one and may desappear one day or another.
Canyon creek has a good reputation, good choice I guess :-)
Hope you will love to have all those sweet perfumed violets and keep us informed about them :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here