Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
membertom

Registration of Viola

membertom
18 years ago

O.K. Mike and Nathalie, your collective enthusiasm has convinced me to go ahead and post.

I've been in contact over the last several days with Gary Sherwin (AVS president) and we're getting the ball rolling. I could expound on the reasons for delays but you'll have to trust me, that they were good ones. Sometimes the business of life (outside Viola) demands priority.

Please be patient just a little longer. I appreciate VERY MUCH, both of your offers of help -- and you'll surely be getting questions/requests from me, in the near future. It makes me glad to have great resources such as both of you, to consult.

So far, we've got 654 Viola in the online registry. I have nothing to do with this accomplishment; from what I've gathered, we've got Peter Robinson, John Snocken and editor Norma Beredjiklian, to thank for that. I've since added a few cultivars from Clive Groves' collection. But we're working on getting a more formal and public process in place -- maybe even with an electronic registration form.

I'm looking forward to encouraging all Viola hybridizers to register and distribute their work more widely.

Thanks for all of your interest, enthusiasm and patience.

Tom

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner