Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody know names?

Posted by shapiro 5a Ontario (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 6, 06 at 18:15

Yep, my garden (Zone 4B - Ontario) is FULL of violets but I don't worry much - just pull out a few when they are in the wrong place. They are very pretty when mixed with sweet woodruff.

I have a deep pink scented violet - it blooms in the spring and again late fall. Can anybody take a stab at what it could be called?

Also - I have another violet (not scented) which I found growing between the cracks in a downtown sidewalk - honest! The flower is white with deep violet veins. I used a thin knife blade and a used coffee cup to bring it home. That was about 5 or 6 years ago, now it's everywhere! Anybody know the name of this? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody know names?

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 7, 06 at 4:16

Hi/salut Patricia :-)

The first one could be odorata coeur d'alsace...
You know, not that easy to identify a violet but without a pic it's quite "impossible mission" :o)
Could U post some pics ?!

Take care
Thierry.

o

Thierry: salut! here it is - my pink violet - this is my very first time trying to upload a picture. I hope it works. It's very frustrating - Please tell me if you are able to view it. Merci!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/violet/msg1218151811094.html?25453&pp_user=shapiro&pp_ticket=iv.OVvt8r2nvs

o

• Posted by etii France 8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 9, 06 at 1:57

No, it doesn't work here :-(
Don't ask me what you did wrong: I'm definitively bad at things concerning computers :-( Two left handed boy ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here