Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jxa44

Oddball Question

jxa44
17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am a lover of tea, and just wonder if anyone knows if violet tea tastes like sweet violet flowers smell? You know, like rose tea tastes like rose petals.

Things that make me go hmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Comments (14)

• nathalie
    17 years ago

Hi!

yes it does..as long as it contains artificials aromas!!! lol! ;-)
    Enjoy!!

• etii
    17 years ago

Hello !

Well, you can find violet tea with natural aomas :-) Not really expensive: 100g for 5 Â. It's the one I used to drink and believe me, it's heaven !!!
    Sorry, the site is a French one, so informations are in French ;o)

All the best :-)
    Thierry.

Here is a link that might be useful: violet tea

• jxa44
    Original Author
    17 years ago

etii,

Unfortunately I do not speak french. but this tea looks exactly like what I'm looking for. don't supposed you'd be willing to help me compose an inquiry e-mail (need to know how much it would cost to ship to me in California)?

• etii
    17 years ago

Hi !

Well, I guess you can make your mail in English: it's supposed to be the most spoken language. If I give you an inquiry in French, they will answer so, and you won't be able to understand....
    Xmas is coming, I ask for you 'n' I tell you the answer later :-)

Take care :-)
    Thierry.

• etii
    17 years ago

Hi again !

I've got your answer jxa44:
    "les frais de livraison pour les Etats Unis sont de 12 euros si le colis ne dépasse pas 2 kg, et 24 euros au delà . Il est donc possible d'expédier la-bas. La facturation de l'envoie n'est pas encore effective sur le site, il faut donc que nous nous "arrangions" lors de la commande."

I guess I have to translate ? ;o) Well well well....
    So...."shipping cost is 12Â for US if the parcel is less than 2 kg (that's to say 2000g - each tea is sold per package of 100g), then it 24Â. Right now, the site doesn't "work" for a foreigner delivery so an "arrangement" must be done when you order."
    If I have a good understanding: you order and pay (Paypal is used), then according to you adress (states), they will ask 12Â more for the delivery. Quite easy :-)
    If you have any question, tell me :-)
    Kind regards
    Thierry.

• jxa44
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thierry,

Thank you sooooooo much! I will try to navigate the site and place an order. Thank you so much for your help with this. I'm *so* close to getting the tea i've been looking for -- wish me luck! ;-)

joyce

• jxa44
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thierry,

Just re-read your message. I would like to make "arrangemen" to purchase this tea. Would you please give the tea vendor my address -- jxa44@yahoo.com.

You're a doll -- thanx!

• greenwitch
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I am new to your forum but intrigued by this "violet tea" - it seems to me you could easily make your own by picking and drying some Parma violet blossoms and adding them in good measure to tea leaves. Personally I would opt for white tea so as to not overwhelm the delicate violet aroma....
    It can also be made with orange blossoms, sweet olive or jasmine, not the topic of this forum, however.

• etii
    17 years ago

Hi greenwitch !

Well, I'm not sure making your own "violet tea" it a fantastic idea. According to me, some flavour is needed or your tea won't taste much....
    Try, you'll see :-)

All the best - Thierry :-)

• nathalie
    17 years ago

I already tried violet blossom tisane but you can't find the " taste of the perfume"..looks just like a juice of plant..
    So yes..you need additives aromas...

• jxa44
    Original Author
    17 years ago

so . . . has anyone found a source for violet tea????

Sounds like a missing business opportunity waiting to happen.

• mersiepoo
    17 years ago

I haven't tried this recipe yet (not enough violets yet), but it's for violet tea. They say to serve it in glass tea cups because it's pretty to look at as well. I'll also post this on the main forum for those who want to try it.
    It's supposed to be good for sore throats as well.

Violet Tea

1 handful of violet leaves and flowers
    1 cup water

Boil water on stove. Pour boiling water onto leaves and flowers. Let steep for 15 minutes then strain well.

(violets can discolor cooking utensils, only use stainless steel, ceramic or glass when preparing this recipe)

• greenwitch
    17 years ago

When I was a child, my mother used to buy rolls of violet flavored candy; they were square shaped lozenges wrapped in foil. Does anyone remember these? I did a search and found a source, see the link below. I also did a search for violet extract and found it at Terra Spice Co. in 4 oz - 1 gal sizes!
    http://www.terraspice.com/vanilla.htm scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Violet candy

• jxa44
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I remember the violet candy! It was gooo-oood! Thanx greenwitch for the happy memories :o)

I'm going to try the terra spice Co. for their violet extract. I bet that's the flavoring I'm looking for.

I had some chocolate candy last year that had a hint of violet flavor in it, and it was out of this world!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES