Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of weed do I have and how do I control them

Posted by ekaiser Texas zone 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 21:40

I visit my inlaws in San Antonio Texas on a regular basis and really enjoy yard work. I work in their yard when I come to visit. I have spend 2 days attempting to get rid of all these weeds and see no end in sight. I know that once I leave their yard will continue to be overtaken by these little buggers. How can I get rid of them for good?

They are in Helotes right outside of San Antonio. They have centipede lawn and yes these are through out the entire lawn. They do not have inground sprinklers so they water once weekly 45 mins at a time for each area with a sprinkler head attachted to the hose. I used to live here last year and regularly weeded (3 times a week). Often I would spend the entire Saturday outside pulling weeds, mowing, watering, edging. These weeds are easy to pull and uproot. I find that a gently tug gets the weed and the root. I thought that this was the best way to go about getting rid of the weeds and not having them come back but obviously that does not seem to be the case. Any suggestions would help. I would also love to know the name of these weeds. Thanks!

Image link: What kind of weed do I have and how do I control them (19 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of weed do I have and how do I control them

Image is too small. However you can apply a per-emergent
herbicide such as XL or Amaze mid-Feb., mid-May and mid-
September to prevent them germinating in the first place.

Here is a link that might be useful: XL

o
RE: What kind of weed do I have and how do I control them

It could be Aphanes microcarpa or Veronica arvensis.
Both are difficult to eradicate. Weed and feed did not touch them in my lawn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here