Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed ident in St. Augustine

Posted by rumpelstiltskin 8A (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 21:16

Hello,

I've got a weed I am trying to identify that is growing among my St. Augustine grass. The weed never seems to grow large (like crabgrass). It is intermixed with my grass. Picture attached. I can't seem to identify it using the numerous weed galleries out there. It seems to have 'runners', like St. Augustine, and grows in patches (mixed with St. Augustine).

Thanks in advance.

Image link: Weed ident in St. Augustine (54 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed ident in St. Augustine

I can't tell exactly from the picture but could this be Barmuda Grass that is invading your lawn? I know that Barmuda sends out runners. My neighbor has Barmuda Grass and his runners have invaded my lawn as well.

o
RE: Weed ident in St. Augustine

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 7, 06 at 23:42

No, definitely not Bermudagrass.

For assistance with ID, take a good-sized sample to a local large independent garden center or to your county's Extension Serivce office.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here