Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I use organically to rid this kind of weed

Posted by chueh 7GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 08 at 16:09

I have this kind of weed (please see the picture below) among the lawn. Although it keeps the lawn looking greener, when the lawn is actually asleep, it is very invasive. I have kept pulling it out, yet it grows faster than I could pull. I have been adding organic materials to the lawn, plus pulling all kinds of weeds out. The lawn looks much better now, but the kind of the weeed I was talking about is not gone. What can I use organically to prevent it coming back? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I use organically to rid this kind of weed

Looks like henbit, an annual plant that seeds prolifically.

Pull them and keep pulling. Don't let them go to seed!

More info here
http://www.weedalert.com/weed_pages/wa_henbit.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: henbit

o

Note what the link that Jean provided says about henbits prefered growing conditions. Correct them in your lawn and you will see fewer of these plants growing there.

o

Thank you guys. You have been very helpful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here