Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
insecticides/herbicides/pesticides/fungicides

Posted by kisawisa Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 11:39

Hi,

My name is Lisa and I'm a student that is doing a marketing project and I am trying to understand more about farmer behaviours, attitudes and perceptions towards buying these products - insecticides/herbicides/pesticides/fungicides. I was hoping that I can get your opinion in terms of how do you decide what product to buy and where to buy from. The following are some questions that would help me understand your perceptives.

- How do you choose which product or brand to buy?
- What does it depend on?
- Who do you get advice from in terms of how to plant or whose products to trust?
- What makes you buy a certain product over and over?
- Are you particularly loyal to a certain brand?
- Does price matter?
- What do you really value? I notice a lot of companies provide rebate programs- do these work for you?
- Any other comments?

I really would appreciate some feedback and I would like to help ensure that companies supplying insecticides/herbicides/pesticides/fungicides provide better products and services for farmers. Is there anything that you would like changed or improved?

thank you

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: insecticides/herbicides/pesticides/fungicides

• Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 23:03

Hi Lisa
To sell product(s) ,you must know your product(s).

herbicide, fungicide, insectcide are pestcide. some pestcide target to fish, rodent, bird and have name for each targete.
When you ask to buyers questions, Make questions easy to answer. for example if you number each question, it is easer for me to answer. When you are asking someone's valueble time to help you project, you should consider it.^^ . Writing question don't take lot's of time but to answer to your question, take lot's of time.
( Also, many peoples work out door, they are not good at writing^^)
when you do market reserch, this is the first step you to learn.^^.

Does price matter?
It is matter. unit price, cost per acre price etc.
If manufactures sell small quantity of new product to try out and provide good product informations, I will buy new product.
If I have to buy 1gal of new pesticide which cost $300~ $400, I will wait until get more informations from USDA,extention service, Univercity experiment result or report form trade magazin.
yama

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here