Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WeedOut

Posted by taxtax none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 5:50

I'm curious to try this preventer, which is supposed to surpress both Lions and Crabgrass. However, I'm a bit weary that it's probably another gimmick like most the other stuff I have wasted my money on.

Has anyone ever tried this? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WeedOut

This product is a broad leaf weed killer and will not kill grasses. Nothing I have seen lists Crab Grass as a target.

o

I was afraid of that. So if it's false advertising that, then I can assume it won't do anything for lions either then.

o

i am guessing that when you mention "lions" you mean dandelions which are broad leaf plants that any poison containing 2,4-D and Dicambra, as this does, will kill.

o

OP wrote "So if it's false advertising that,"

Read the label. Doesn't say anything about killing crabgrass.

o

The WeedOut will control the 'lions ', as well as a long list of other BROADLEAF plants. It can be sprayed over the lawn to kill those weeds. It's not a preemergent but a contact killer.

There are numerous herbicides on the market advertised as crabgrass killers....you simply have to learn how to read and understand herbicide labels. Visit your favorite big box store for crabgrass killers, read the labels to make sure that you fit within the limitations of use.

These are not preventers (preemergent), but contact killers. It won't
Kill many other grasses, just the crab.....if you follow the directions.

If you have a serious lawn weed problem, you might want to consider doing some research about preemergent herbicides.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here