Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to get rid of these weeds

Posted by supaflyz houston (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 11:28

Hey guys is there any product that can get rid of these weeds for good? We attempted to get rid of them by using a shovel and digging them up but there is this one type of grass that have this thick really white root that manages to spread really deep down. It looks perfect for a few months then it regrows later on. My mom is trying to get rid of all the grass and put new soil and fertilizer in with mulch to plant some perennials. We wanted to build a retaining wall and keep the grass out as well. The dirt is kind of compacted because it was dug up and put right there when my mom hired someone to put in a concrete patio for the yard.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to get rid of these weeds

The best way I have found it to cut the weeds as short as possible, lay down cardboard spray with a little water and then cover with mulch. CB is a great weedblock and organic.4-5 layers of Newspapers also work for a area that is not badly infected.. I have used the CB on areas that have the grass you are talking about there are little bulbs on the root of the grass which keeps you from being able to pull it up it wil just continue to grow back so you have to smother it with the cardboard and mulch.
Good Luck

o
RE: how to get rid of these weeds

The last one is an annual so will reseed. It can be pulled but should be pulled before it starts flowering. Of course the seed pods have a hot spicy taste like all mustards. Can be added to salads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here