Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propane Weed Torch Used By Anyone?

Posted by coopers z5 OH (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 15:40

Does anyone have any personal experience using a propane weed torch and what is your opinion of their effectiveness, especially regarding killing the roots of perennial weeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propane Weed Torch Used By Anyone?

coopers,
I used a propane weed torch for the last two years. I am in the same zone you are. My experience has been positive for using it to kill weeds growing between concrete and between pavers. These weeds don't seem to come back and it disintegrates them. I tried to use it in flower beds and on other perennial weeds growing in the soil. I found that it kills the weed but the root is still left in tact and in my case, the weeds kept coming back again and again. Some are even coming back again this year! I had hoped killing the foliage over and over again would stress the weed out and that it would die but unfortunately it did not. The only advantage is that it made the flowerbeds look nice for a short time with little work.
G.

o

G.

Thank you very much for your response. Our main area of concern for weed killing is in our gravel driveway. It has encroaching grass and dandelions.

We have decided to order a propane weed torch as we do not feel good about the use of chemicals.

We may have the same problem that you had with perennial weeds. Hopefully it will not take a lot of propane.

Coopers

o

WHere can you order this torch?
Dana

o

Dana,

We ordered ours at Lee Valley Tools.

Coopers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here