Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Aegopodium Podagraria Variegatum spread by seed?

Posted by zippo (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 18:23

I know there Is websites that say It can however I'm asking this of personal observation, Have any of you that has this or that knows someone that has this seen it spread by seeds? I have been told several different things, such as
1)It won't make any seeds at all since its variegatum and not the green species
2)It will make seeds but there non fertile and won't germinate

So yeah I have been told very conflicting Info about this. So now have any of you "personally" seen this spread by seed?

Oh and I was also told that If It sets seed It's seedlings will be the original species and not variegated.
LOL help me anybody with this

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Aegopodium Podagraria Variegatum spread by seed?

Not much help on your question, but Bishop's Weed is aggressive and spreads like crazy if given the right situation. I have watched it take over entire beds in one season. Think Roundup as a control, better yet, think of total eradication if it goes nuts.
Hortster

o

It laughs at Roundup. I have gone back to hand pulling before it goes to seed. Luckily only a twenty foot area.

o

maifleur

Have you seen this plant spread by seeds? Also which type do you have, Is It varigatum or the regular species?

o

Known as Bishops Weed, Goutweed, Snow on the Mountain, and several other unprintable names, this plant is a non native, aggressive, invasive, grower. Depending on where you are it may be illegal to plant this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aegopodium Podadraria spp.

o

Probably wouldn't die out with repeated dynamite. Keep on it agressively, time after time. I have had the same experience with Liriope spicata. Why do they allow these things to be sold? Geez.
Hortster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here