Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kbard_gw

Soooo many weeds

kbard
11 years ago

I have a big problem. Many weeds and too little time. I have about 1.6 acres and many out of control beds. One bed is basically blank except for some smallish stuff and is about 20'x4', currently covered in creeping charlie and dead crabgrass from last year. Another bed is in an "8" shape in the middle of the yard, and is about 10'x30'. It has an ornamental cherry, a birch, some lilies and a holly bush, but other than that is FULL of weeds and I mean bad- see attached pic. Other than that I have some beds in better shape, a couple that are 10'x10', one about 3 feet deep the whole way around the deck which is about 25 feet long, and not to bore you but there are many other beds too.
Last year was the first growing season with the house and since I didn't know what would come up I didn't do much of anything and now I regret it especIlly the huge 8-shaped bed.
Last weekend I started pulling weeds and preening.... Bt it's just such slow going and I work 45+ hours per week and almost always get home after dark on weekdays. I could easily have 1500 sq ft of beds.
I'm just afraid I won't get to even put preen down before I get to half of the beds. Your advice? Should I preen right over the dead (annual) weeds from last year on the ones I don't think I'll get to? Or mulch and preen? The beds are pretty much all full sun. I wouldn't want to use just a weed spray on everything because there are intermittently placed perennials.
(Eventually may consider eliminating some, but want to just make it look half decent for this season)
Thanks!

{{gwi:1341500}}

Comments (2)