Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ornamec for Bermuda Grass?

Posted by kmmlangston 9 - NCentral FL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 23:51

Hello, All ~ I have spent LOTS of time this evening looking at posts regarding Bermuda grass as a weed. My family bought a house in November and now that it is spring (finally) here in N.Central Florida (we had the 2nd coldest winter on record for us thin-blooed creatures!) our lawn's true colors are shining through, and they aren't pretty. We are supposed to have St. Augustine grass. However, we have what appears to be creeping bermuda grass taking over in several areas. The previous homeowner had neglected the yard and we have patches of chinch bug damage. We are plugging with st. augustine grass. However, the bermuda grass is infiltrating these bare areas.

I read in one post that Ornamec works on bermuda grass, but when I looked at the label, it did not say if it also killed the st. augustine grass as well. That is my question. If I use ornamec to kill the bermuda grass in my st. augustine lawn, will it kill the st. augustine as well?

Thanks so much. I can tell I'll be using the forum a LOT!!
Best Regards,
KMM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ornamec for Bermuda Grass?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 24, 10 at 21:36

A search on google with the phrase "ornamec and St Augustine grass" (sans quotes
turned up this info - Not selective among grasses
See http://www.burger.com/bermuda.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: ornamec

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here