Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'WorryFree' weed killer a round up alternative?

Posted by mintgum 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 2:44

Has anyone used or heard anything about WorryFree Weed and Grass Killer?
It says it uses d-limonene, a citrus oil related thing... to kill the weeds, which seems to also be an insecticide.

Its OMRI listed, for organic gardens, and can be used around pets and wildlife.

Does it work? Think its any safer than other products? Can you, and when could you, plant after application(it didn't say in the label)? I'm guessing it wouldn't be helpful to any insects... any other environmental issues?

I'm thinking of using it as a one time application to ready some new beds, just so I can get some other plants established.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'WorryFree' weed killer a round up alternative?

Here is the link to their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: WorryFree Weed and Grass Killer product page

o

This is a plant killer and it will kill any plant it contacts, maybe. Some people have had good results using citrus oils while others have not. Just keep in mind that simply because something is made from "natural" materials does not mean it is good. Arsenic is a natural product but no one in their right mind would use it to control any insect.

o

True that. I try to avoid chemical use altogether, but I'm a bit daunted by the thought of hand removing years of weed grasses by hand over such a large area... probably just lazy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here