Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help me identify this lawn weed

Posted by ardenprinz SC (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 08 at 8:02

Please let me know the names of this weed. It is invading my lawn (Centipede).

Thanks in advance!
Arden

Image link: please help me identify this lawn weed (58 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help me identify this lawn weed

(Ooops... my apologies. This is my first posting and I didn't know that as soon as I attached the first image that the posting would be submitted. Anyway, I do still want this weed identified, but this particular weed is mostly invading my landscaping beds, not my lawn.)
Thanks!

o

Looks like Vetch

Here is a link that might be useful: Common Vetch

o

noinwi -- you are "the bomb"! That's it! Thank-you so much for the help. Now that I know the name of it, I've found lots of information on it to read. Surprisingly to me, there's more information on how to grow it, than on how to kill it. Growing it must not be too difficult, since it seems to do quite a good job in my beds on its own. Have a great weekend, and thanks again for the help.
Arden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here