o
RE: Weed ID

Galium

o

Yep. Aka velcro weed

o

it's medicinal and makes a great tasting tea that cleanses the system. It's strong and safe. I'd dry that instead of composting it... but that's just me.

o

It produces pretty little tiny white flowers which then develop into horrendous little velcro-like seeds. In late spring when you walk through any unmowed open area, these velcro seeds stick tenaciously to any cloth, especially socks and shoelaces, that happens to brush past the plant.

o

This plant usually comes up here before the grass is growing. It's easy to rake up if you don't want/need to mow yet. If done before seeds form, that should help break the cycle, less plants next year.

o

Galium Aparine aka "cleaver".. Very very healthy, and it more palatable than Most medicinal wild edibles.. I was just foraging for cleavers the other day, they just sprouted a few weeks ago here.. I would eat eat them in salads/juice,etc.. Dont take that powerful medicine for granted! You aren't going to get this potent stuff over the counter, trust me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here