Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jane1149

Weeds in Gravel, Help! Flowers Near by

jane1149
16 years ago

Hi, I have a problem. My mother has a large garden that has several raised beds for flowers and tomatoes. The walkways around each raised bed are white gravel. Under this gravel is a layer of plastic to keep out the weeds in the gravel. This worked great until the last two years. Now, mom has many small weeds coming up all over the gravel. She wants us to clear the weeds for her. That is fine but I want to do it the right way the first time. If we spray Roundup on the weeds, since the weeds are growing on top of the plastic, will the roundup wash down into the flower beds (slight slop to the entire garden area) and kill some of the flowers later that are in the beds?

Is there a better product? I thought you could spray roundup directly on any weed and it would go no further than that weed or spot? Or should we just rake the weeds out and stay away from anything that might wash into the beds near the gravel walkways? Any help would be appreciated. She is scared to death of us accidently killing her flowers and tomatoes. Thank you!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County