Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlt19

Killing/Blocking a LARGE area of weeds

jlt19
14 years ago

There's an area that used to house an above ground pool in our backyard. We eventually want to pour a patio on half and leave the other have to put in a swingset and mulch I guess-who knows. But that's not in the budget this summer b/c of a new baby coming in June.

During the winter it's nothing but dirt, rocks and sand.

Over the summer last year, the entire area became an overgrown jungle. I'm talking over 3ft high weeds, in a 60*20 foot area (probably bigger).

When that finally got out of control, we used an entire gallon of Round up and it killed it all and we spent weekends pulling it all up.

Now, the weeds are starting to grow again. Not NEARLY as bad yet-we can't let it get that bad again. I can't pull the weeds either with my big belly in the way. I've tried using vinegar mixtures, but it barely kills the weeds and they still keep growing.

What can I do? I can't put those weed blocker tarps down b/c I have 3 large dogs that I cannot keep out of that area and their nails will rip it up.

Is there an effective way to kill weeds for good? We just don't have the time/money to pour the patio this year with the baby coming.

Image link:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations