Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Applying Roundup

Posted by califman831 9 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 28, 06 at 20:21

hi,
Was wondering if one could use those generic garden hose sprayers filled with roundup? Would the resulting solution be strong enough to kill weeds? The reason am asking is that the pump/wand type containers tend put a krink in my back.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Applying Roundup

Hose end sprayers are not a good idea for this and are not recommended for Roundup use. The ratios of water to product would not be correct, and they would apply far too much spray too quickly and too imprecisely. There are some small pump sprayers that can be used that might be easier on your back.

o

jay is sooooo right! This is a perfect example of how to abuse RoundUp, as a matter of fact. The finest of mists should be applied to the foliage of undesired plants, and nary a drop should touch the ground.

The hose end sprayers should be reserved for products where precise measuring doesn't count for much, and where non-target application isn't a problem. Soluble fertilizers, for example.

o

Sorry, I don't remember where ... but I'm sure I saw an ad for a small (2 gallon or so) sprayer with wheels. If you cannot locate that I'd think some sort of cart could be devised. Large wheels work better over rough ground so luggage carts for airport use wouldn't work well. Hummm, just occurred to me an old golf cart would probably work well and could easily be found at a thrift store or yard sale. The one I'm "picturing" would accomodate a 2 gallon sprayer because the upper bag clamp could be moved lower to allow strapping the upper part of the tank.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here