Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple flower with Heart shaped leaves

Posted by harmonyfarms 7b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 21:10

We have a ton of plants (weeds?) with purple flowers and the leaves are heart shaped (about the size of a tennis ball-width wise). I'll try to take pics tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. It's in a shady area in zone 7b.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple flower with Heart shaped leaves

Maybe, possibly, could be wild violet.

o

Yes, I think that wild violet is what we have. I am thinking of leaving it in the bed because it's doing so well and we have LOTS of blank space. Any thoughts?

o

I grow mine as an edging to a paver path.Or I really should say they choose to grow... They are three different varieties here, white, purple, purple/white bicolor. They can get very, VERY out of hand. They seed everywhere here. In beds, cracks, lawn, pots, piles of dust! LOL
But I love them and they really are beautiful in the spring when blooming.
Chaz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here