Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed? Taking Over Lawn pt III

Posted by zenwhipper WA (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 0:16

Last pic.

Image link: Weed? Taking Over Lawn pt III (24 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed? Taking Over Lawn pt III

Even though it appears this is just one of your posts, I don't see the others.

That said, your weed is one of the nasties from the Ranunculaceae group. Need an image of the full plant -- roots too -- to know precisely which one.

In any event, you have quite a project to deal with. And the longer you delay, the longer it will take to win.

o

Yes, for some reason, I posted two other pics in the gallery 'side' of the weeds forum. Not sure how I did that.

o

See final image of an individual plant here
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/weeds/msg051957108891.html

Here's some info for management of Ranunculaceae weeds
Plant Conservation Alliance: http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/rafi1.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: some info here

o

We have these weeds here. I sit down with a small digging tool and pull them out, root and all. Each year I get fewer of them. Were it not for the fact that they grow in adjoining yards, I'd have had full victory years ago.

Poisoning them is a poor option. Just sit down, get comfortable, and wage war. You will win. If you do nothing, you will regret it. This is an invasion, yet it can be stopped, but only with a bit of effort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here