Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenofedens

Help this weed/bulb thing has taken over my life!!

gardenofedens
12 years ago

For the past year i've had this weird weed thing sprout up like crazy that looks like it's from the garlic family. It looks like grass almost, but then flower like things grow rapidly from the center, gets about 2-3 feet tall then sprouts small white flowers. Inside the flower when they dry are tiny black seeds. I thought it was just grass growing so i sprayed some roundup on it and it had no affect on it and didn't even phase the stuff. Then i tried digging some up and it looks like the roots are actually bulbs (about 2" across) which sprout smaller 1" bulbs and on the 1" bulbs there are little centimeter sized mini bulb/seedling things. I was goignt o try and dig the bed up, but i am afraid i will do all this work and then it they will just come back again. They grow in little to no water just fine and if i don't pull them out every week or so they take over everything!! Please help if you know something. I am desperate it is taking over my whole front bed. I live in Southern California and and thinking it may be something that is local to here since it grows so well without any water. Oh and i smelled it, it's not garlic at all, the bulb things don't smell like anything. Thanks!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES