Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherm1082

Broadleaf weed taking over bermuda lawn. HELP!!!!

sherm1082
9 years ago

Hey everyone. I have a problem with the broadleaf weed seen in the pictures. It is/was in my backyard and is here and there in my front yard. I spent all of 3 hours picking it out of my backyard today. I live in the Raleigh, NC area and have bermuda grass. I used Dimension because of a poa infestation the last couple of years which worked on the poa but not on this.

What I am looking for is to know what is it, how could it possibly have got in my yard, how to control it, and how to prevent it in the future.

A few things that may help with the questions I have. I did not have this weed at all last year which is why I am really confused. My house backs up to a wooded area and I see rabbits in my backyard daily. I sprayed Ortho Weed B Gon for southern lawns with a tank sprayer and had decent success. I could continue that with a hose sprayer but the bottle says to use no more than twice a year and to space it out 30 days. At the rate this thing is spreading, I need to use it more than twice and about every 2 weeks. This started showing up almost a full month after other weeds which means that it starts growing at a higher temperature than most weeds. The hot weather seemed to knock it back but all of the rain we got the other day gave it a second wind.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

{{gwi:85750}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor