Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed identification please?

Posted by Coloradogreen Colorado (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 3:24

Hi, can someone help me dentify this really aggressive weed my Dads lawn has here in Colorado, it seems to be smothering what little grass he has left....any ideas on a eco-friendly mix to rid it? Thanks in advance...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed identification please?

I don't think anybody recognizes from this blurry pic. Can you add another one? Compare to Ranculcus though.

o

The picture is quite blurry, but... I almost think it's Vinca?

If so, I'm terribly sorry, it's one tough plant to get rid of.

o

If it's vinca, just pull up the stems and keep pulling. Then repeat as soon as you see more. You'll probably need to dig some of the older places.

Then when you think you've gotten it all, you still need to keep an eye out for it to grow back from some bits you missed.

Here's what vinca looks like:
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/FullImageDisplay.aspx?documentid=3880

Herbicides don't work well on vinca because of the waxy coating on its leaves and stems.

o

Pretty positive it's not Vinca. Can we have an in focus picture? It could be lots of things as it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here