Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed puller on Dallisgrass

Posted by dosterk SC (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 8:23

Hello,

Will the Fiskars Weed Puller work on Dallisgrass like pictured below (I believe this is Dallisgrass)? I have a lot of this stuff basically on my property line (there is a wooded area on the other side of the line with kudzu, etc) but I also have some of this stuff sprinkled here and there in my yard. I've dug up about 30% of what was bordering my property line but it is tough work. Any ideas on if the weed puller will take care of it? The reason I mentioned Fiskars is because it is available at Home Depot and Lowes and got the best reviews of anything I've looked at. I'm open to suggestions however.

Thanks

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kdoster at 2012-05-25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed puller on Dallisgrass

I try to wait until the ground is pretty damp. My weed tool is usually a sturdy knife with some serrations on it. Blade about 7".

I have a noxious grass, resembles fescue but has a slight bluish tint. Try to get it out before big clumps develop - mainly cuz I'm old and small.

Rosie, one state away in Sugar Hill, GA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here