Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oak-leaf weed

Posted by mattskiva VA (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 10:10

This weed is growing through my fence, in a shrub-like form. The leaves look like oak but with thorns on the ends. Anyone able to identify it?

Image link: Oak-leaf weed (54 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oak-leaf weed

Need a larger image, and an up-close shot

o

Poison it. Poison it now.

o

Probably a holly. It's thoughtless and unfortunate when neighbors plant things that grow into someone else's yard, which is what it looks like happened here from what I can see in this tiny picture. Maybe it just sprung up from seed. You're, of course, entitled to chop off whatever parts are on your side of the fence, but probably not a chore you ever wanted to have. Maybe the neighbors would move it if they did put it there and are made aware of the issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here