Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need to kill it - chinese lantern taking over small edible yard!

Posted by oosa 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 11:08

I am very heartbroken. Chinese lantern I planted last year, is going to choke out everything in my yard. Chemicals make no dent in it, and digging it out is not an option, since it has spread into grass and several shrub planters. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need to kill it - chinese lantern taking over small edible ya

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Mon, May 17, 10 at 13:17

Unfortunately, getting rid of the stuff may become your new hobby. It will require persistence, lots of it!

1. Cut the stems and immediately paint the cut surface of the end still in the ground with Roundup. Repeat as needed.

Or

2. Patrol the area every 2 weeks. Pull all that you see. Repeat as needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here