Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Invasive seed dispersing machine, pics

Posted by tracey_nj6 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 14:14

Desperate call for help from SIL. DH took the pic & video, but I'm hoping someone might be able to identify, even those they're not closeups.

Janet's weed; scatters loads of seed when disturbed photo JanetsWeed_zps9c78953f.jpg

Here's a link to a short video also posted on Photobucket:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/flamingonut/media/Weeds/Janets_Weed_IMG_0807_zps4baa492a.mp4.html

Thanks,
Tracey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Invasive seed dispersing machine, pics

says "video not found."

o

Of course there a problem. Sigh.
Try http://smg.photobucket.com/user/flamingonut/media/Weeds/Janets_Weed_IMG_0807_zps4baa492a.mp4.html

I tried the above link in a different browser and wasn't logged in to my photobucket account and it worked. If there's another problem, I'll simply upload it to youtube...

Here is a link that might be useful: Hopefully the link works

o

It is probably hairy bittercress. It is an annual that will die now and the seed will sprout in the fall and grow through the winter. Then you will see the white flowers in the spring.

o

Thanks kimpa; dh says that is it.

o

Definitely Bittercress. Good luck ever getting rid of it... :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here