Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name that weed!

Posted by dcgrrrl1979 VA (My Page) on
Mon, May 24, 10 at 15:24

This is growing all over my garden. Luckily it's easy to pull, but dang, what is it and where did it come from?

Image link: Name that weed! (41 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name that weed!

• Posted by hortster 6A, southcentral KS (My Page) on
    Mon, May 24, 10 at 16:33

Lambsquarters, Chenopodium spp.
hortster

o

Can you get a better picture without the bright backlighting and maybe one of the entire plant? The leaves definitely look like lambsquarters, however the stem and branch structure don't. They remind me of cockle bur, but the leaves aren't right for that either.

o

I replanted my back yard with Black Jack Burmuda seed well over 6 months ago and I am starting to see this pop up in the grass in a lot of places. Before I replanted the grass I used Annual Ryegrass for one season and then killed it. I don't think this is ryegrass but looks more like a weed to me. I used Weed b gone and it did nothing....
Can you help me identify this?Photobucket

o

Not sure, but you might compare it to barnyard grass, Echinochloa crus-galli.
hortster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here