Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Creeping Charlie invading Strawberry Patch!

Posted by leigh711 z6 (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 15:36

How can I get rid of creeping charlie that has invaded my wonderful strawberry patch!! I don't use chemicals. I'm not sure if Borax(great for killing creeping charlie) would be safe to inadvertantly ingest-- HeLP!!! Please don't suggest mulch, it won't do a darn thing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Creeping Charlie invading Strawberry Patch!

Pull it. Too much borax/boron or any other mineral will cause changes in your strawberries. Another thing with this mineral is that it is an insecticide not a herbicide. If you have any earthworms or any bugs pollenating your strawberries or any other plant in your garden they will be killed by touching and cleaning their bodies. Some can ingest through their skins so just a touch is deadly.

o
RE: Help! Creeping Charlie invading Strawberry Patch!

And it takes an *extremely* small amount of borax to be *too* much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here