Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pop up weeds in yard, neon green

Posted by dosterk SC (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 18:31

Hello,

Does anybody have any idea what type of weed this is and how I can kill/control it? It pops up in patches and is neon green in the sunlight. I have bermuda grass. Let me know of your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pop up weeds in yard, neon green

Could it be yellow sedge? If you pull on the individual plants, does it come right up?

o

They are somewhat easy to pull up, heres a picture:

o

Well, it's not sedge, for which you should be glad,but it still looks annoying. I recommend that you take your beautifully clear pictures, including the last one, over to the Name That Plant forum here on GW and let the wizards of botany over there tell you what you've got and how to get rid of it.

Or, if you've got kids, get them to pull up each and every plant, and pay them per bag full. Don't tell them who gave you the idea, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here