Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please, somebody help me ID this weed (pic)

Posted by fritomd dallas, tx (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 07 at 20:33

I live in Dallas, TX and this weed is taking over my St Augustine grass and invading my flower beds. It is relentlous and seems impervious to atrazine or any other weed killer.

Can someone identify it? Any suggestions for getting rid of it?

Thanks

Image link: Please, somebody help me ID this weed (pic) (46 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please, somebody help me ID this weed (pic)

Diodia may be?

o

Cash?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you find out what your weed is.

o

Hey "tyrlich"

I think you are right. I am fairly certain it IS virginia buttonweed. Now I need to try to figure out how to kill it without killing the St Augustine.

And thankyou "chazparas" for your hypothesis. however, this is not the fabled money weed.

good looking out

fritomd

o

Fritmd,
Hope no offense was taken!
Been looking for that moneyweed for years! Can't seem to find a legal variety when asking around!LOL

o

No offense at all. I am just happy someone read the plea for help and I got the weed ID.

take it easy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here