Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo forest, will it die?

Posted by jasonjm2007 (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 07 at 21:35

Hey all

I bought a house which has a bamboo forest in the yard.

I have no idea how to get rid of it, but someone told me gasoline might kill it?

so i poured about 50 gallons of gas all over ground where the bamboo forest is growing from.

will that kill it? or do nothing? or must I take other steps?

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo forest, will it die?

What are you nuts!!?? Whoever told you that is trying to kill YOU!!??
You'd have to be a total idiot to do such a thing!

And with the price of gasoline?!!!! I don't believe you!

o

It is illegal today to purposefully dump any petroleum product on the ground and that much is a reportable quantity, so you must notify your states Department of Environmental Quality, or what ever it is, and they will notify the USEPA and many people will come and test your soil and charge you lots of money to remove the contaminated soil as well as large dollar fines for dumping that gasoline there.
That will get rid of your bamboo forest, however.

o

I caught myself before replying in a major rant, yesterday, lol! Then I realized that this HAD to be a troll.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here