Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

Natural groundcover weed

californian
18 years ago

I have some weed that looks like something people would actually spend money to buy growing all over my property as a ground cover. It is very low growing and prostrate, maybe two or three inches, has tiny shiny spade shaped leaves that grow in rosettes, and makes miniature four petaled square shaped salmon colored flowers, and the stems look like niniature vines. It can be mowed and from a distance looks pretty good so I let it grow and in fact encourage it. The only problem is it makes these little pea sized sticker ball seeds that get stuck in clothing and my cats hair. It can grow in sun or shade, but dries up in the sun eventually if not watered, but can go for a long time in the shade without water. From the description can anyone tell what it is?

I have another weed that is almost the same size but instead of salmon colored flowers it makes green flowers that sort of look like granules like clover flowers do. It makes thousands of seeds, if fact if I mow it the mower bag is full of the seeds. Any idea what that one is?

Comments (4)