Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maizie_gw

invasion of weeds

maizie
16 years ago

The back part of my property has been taken over by a weed I cannot identify. It is multi-stemmed, about 12 inches tall, small serated leaves, small purple flowers that when they die off there is a long spike, when this dries it turns to a barbed corkscrew that twist into everything!!!

I think the only way to get rid of it is to disc the whole back and start over. We have new neighbors that don't beleive in weeding, so this could be an on going thing.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Comment (1)

• maifleur01
    16 years ago

I need a picture to identify but from the flower discription sounds like a cranesbill.

Most plants are very hardy and the seeds of many will sprout for years. If you get your disc out everytime you have a plant you do not recognize you might as well leave it concected to your tractor. Bare ground is not liked by nature. Ask your neighbors to tell you what they have that you think "they don't believe in weeding." You might be surprised that they are preventing run off to your land by a vegetative strip or have planted a butterfly habitat.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21