Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best time and way to use Roundup on Eulalia

Posted by mishko_2006 S Korea (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 5, 06 at 1:52

I am going to use Roundup to spray my invasive Japanese Silver grass (eulalia ???). It has already grown to large clumps some 4 feet tall. It's a real nuisance!!

I read somewhere that I should wait till it's about to flower for the best results.

I'm afraid I'll have too much of it over a large area if I wait till then as it flowers in August or Sept here in Korea. Should I go ahead now?

2nd (related) question. Should I cut down the leaves with my bushwhacker before spraying with Roundup? Or is it better to spray the complete undisturbed plant?

Thanks for your advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best time and way to use Roundup on Eulalia

Your Ornamental grass is Miscanthis sinensis.
You will need to kill the entire root system to completely stop it.
Here is some info last paragraph

Here is a link that might be useful: Miscanthus sinensis

o
RE: Best time and way to use Roundup on Eulalia

Thanks very much Vera. I'll let you know how it goes, having tried Roundup on both cut and uncut plants, now and in fall if necessary!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here