Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grassy weed....

Quackgrass...

Here is a link that might be useful: Quackgrass

o

oh......that's not good.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I've got one nice crop of it.

o

I don't sure if there is a selective quackgrass herbicide, but if not you could wipe the leaves with roundup. It's easy to do if you mix a little roundup in a bucket and then wear one of those yellow heavy rubber gloves (the ones they sell in the cleaning supply section at the store) covered with a cotton glove and then dip into the solution, squeeze excess and then run you glove from the base to the tip in one smooth swipe. If you try to pull it up you could be pulling up runners for a very long way across the area. If you try to till it up you will be sending pieces of root every which way...each piece grows a new plant!

Best luck to you :)

Vera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here