Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
These weeds have shot up across my lawn in the last 3 weeks -help

Posted by catchawavekev NJ - south (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 22, 09 at 9:59

So over about the last month, these weeds have popped up across my lawn

I looked at many other posts, and I think the one weed which is very pestering is thistle. I spent a combined 6 hours over the weekend pulling these suckers out of the ground, but their taproots are deep and strong

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do with these guys. A few of the areas I am laying pavers, so it will be okay, but the ones in my lawn are upsetting me. I am even considering laying sod in the backyard just to avoid these weeds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

thanks again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: These weeds have shot up across my lawn in the last 3 weeks -

Plantains are the first, clover the second.
I would weed out the plantains. Clover has benefits for honeybees, and it is nitrogen fixing.

o

thank you very much.....pulling these guys up is such a hard job, its amazing how long it will take

the #4 weed seems to have these little worms underneath them, very tiny, maybe 2x as long as an ant, but they are clear in color

would you happen to know what that would be/mean

o

the last picture might be another plantain, Plantago lanceolata. I don't know about the worms... sorry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plantago lanceolata

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here