Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help identify this weed and solution to get rid of them

Posted by Mizztry none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 11:12

Hi there,

My backyard has recently been covered with this type of weeds. After researching on the internet I think they are:

Black Medic (Medicago lupulina)

Could someone please confirm these? And what is the best solution to get rid of these? I live in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks very much!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help identify this weed and solution to get rid of the

I agree that they are black medic, I wish I knew how to control it. I've been pulling it up by hand but slowly losing the battle.

o

Oh my...I can't bare to sit and pull these out! There are sooo many all OVER my garden.

I really do hope there is a solution?

o

Are they in the garden beds or in the lawn? You can use chemicals to kill undesirable plants or put newspaper over them and mulch on top around "good" plants. Tell us your situation.

o

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb.

I can't bare to sit and pull these out!
I usually do it with my clothes on!

Not sure what you want to hear? That there's a magic bottle of stuff you spray on everything but it only kills this plant? A curse you can put on them? The more you let them go, the more seeds you will have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here