Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
common weed - what's the name?

Posted by sarah_s RI (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 14:17

I've visited greenhouses and talked to friends, but even though everyone's seen this weed, no one seems to know its name! Haven't found anything in these forums or online elsewhere. Anyone have any idea?

Image link: common weed - what's the name? (48 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: common weed - what's the name?

Looks like it may be garlic mint.

o

Update! The weed has now flowered. Nice yellow flowers that very much resemble evening primrose flowers. Is this possible? They're everywhere and very much act like weeds!

o

The whitish vein in the middle of the one leaf where I can see it better indicates that it certainly could be Common Evening Primrose. They are extremely prolific! I have been using it as a free "groundcover" in an area that I haven't had time or money to plant yet. Also makes a great "trap crop" for Japanese Beetles, I discovered! It is easy to get rid of when you want to-all but the biggest roots pull up fairly easily in moist soil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here