Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Lesser Celandine / Ranunculus Ficaria Control

piscesgirl
13 years ago

The one side of our property line boarders a woodland area with a stream. The first spring after we moved into the house I discovered we had a yellow flower that grew all over the place. I later found out it was Lesser Celandine.

I have tried to kill the invasive plant with Round-up but I am realizing that this would be a lifelong & very expensive battle since our property boarders the woods which is covered with a thick carpet of this stuff. Not to mention our neighbors do not do anything to try and erradicate the invasive plant.

Wondering if there is any sort of ground barrier that I can put in the ground around my property (similar to what they do for bamboo) that would at least stop the majority of the spreading coming up from the woods. That way I erradicate what I currently have in my property and stop the spreading of new growth coming from the woods.

Does anyone know if a ground barrier would work for a tubler/bulblet type plant? If so how deep would the ground barrier have to go and what type of barrier material should I use (galvanized sheetmetal, plastic, etc?)

Thanks!