Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn Weed ID

Posted by equality72521 CT (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 20:50

I'd appreciate if anyone can help identify this weed. I've spent hours pouring over pictures online, but I can't seem to nail it down. I live in CT and this weed seems to last all season (doesn't really die mid-summer like a winter annual). I have TONS of it in my lawn and it drives me crazy - Weed & Feed doesn't touch it. On the edges of my yard it will grow a foot or more high and flower. The attached image is about 4" high. There are 6 leaves whorled around a central point evenly spaced up the stalk.

Many thanks in advance!

Image link: Lawn Weed ID (50 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn Weed ID

Maybe one of the bedstraws...

Here is a link that might be useful: bedstraw images

o
RE: Lawn Weed ID

Round up poison ivy killer will get rid of it, unfortunately it will kill your lawn, too. If you try to pull it it will break off at the soil surface, so you need to dig somewhat. When you dig it up you need to pull all of the roots, it spreads by runners more than seed. At least the kind I have does. The roots are bright orange/yellow. The one I have is a perennial---there are annual bedstraws, though. After three summers in this house I am still battling it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here